You will never need another pumpkin bread recipe! This easy Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread has a surprise cheesecake ribbon in the middle. You’ll want to eat the whole loaf!Jump to Recipe
I think we can all agree that pumpkin bread is delicious. It’s one of the (many) things I look forward to making when the Pumpkin Explosion happens at Trader Joe’s. But, what if we took that box of pumpkin bread mix and took it a little farther.
This easy pumpkin bread recipe adds a layer of cream cheese filling to turn this pumpkin loaf into something really special. It’s like if pumpkin bread married a cheesecake. This would be their love child. And it is glorious!
I used the gluten-free pumpkin bread mix because wheat and I do not get along well, but this easy pumpkin recipe works just as well with the regular pumpkin bread mix. Just follow the instructions on the box, make the tweaks I outline in the recipe below, and get ready to have your socks knocked off.
What You’ll Need for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
- One box of Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread Mix, either regular or gluten free
- Butter or oil
- Cream cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Pumpkin seeds
- The recipe on the box calls for oil, but I always use the same amount of butter instead. I mean, is there anything that isn’t better with butter?
- If using the regular pumpkin bread mix, be sure not to over-mix the batter or you will end up with a tough loaf.
- Let the bread cool completely before cutting, no matter how much you are tempted to eat it as soon as it’s out of the oven.
- Baking times can vary based on many variables. Let the bread tell you when it’s finished, not the timer.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
- 1 Box Trader Joe's Pumpkin Bread, gluten free or regular
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Seeds
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 Large Egg
- ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 Ounces Room Temperature Cream Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Prepare your pumpkin bread mix according to the directions on the side of the box. If you prefer, you can sub an equal amount of melted butter for the oil in the directions.
- In another bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the cream cheese filling and beat until smooth.
- Pour half of the pumpkin bread batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly.
- Carefully pour the cream cheese filling over the bread batter and gently smooth with an offset spatula so that it is not mixed with the batter underneath.
- Pour the other half of the bread batter over the cream cheese filling and spread it evenly. Again, be careful to not mix the batter with the cream cheese filling. Scatter the pumpkin seeds over the top.
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean of raw bread batter (the cream cheese filling will remain wet).
- Allow the finished bread to cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then turn the bread out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Do not cut the bread until it has cooled!
Don’t lose this recipe! Click the Pinterest button below and save this post to your Quick Breads board.